If you’re anything like me, when you decided to go low carb and looked at the list of things you CAN’T eat, your first response was probably, “Okay. What CAN I eat???” Am I close? Well, that was definitely me. So, I started searching feverishly for recipes. And, to my surprise, they were super easy to find! I now have 2 Pinterest boards full of delicious recipes! So, I’ve decided to share some of those amazing recipes I’ve found. Specifically the breakfast ones this morning. Here’s 10 of them…
1. Pumpkin Muffins! Just in time for Fall, I found this recipe. I’m hoping to try it for breakfast Thanksgiving morning. 🙂
Here’s the recipe: http://empoweredsustenance.com/coconut-flour-pumpkin-muffins/
2. I am an absolute sucker for a Monte Cristo! It’s my absolute favorite breakfast. The whole sweet and savory thing gets me every time. So, when I found this recipe on Pinterest, I was ecstatic! 🙂
3. Monte Cristo Waffles…As I said above, I am a sucker for a Monte Cristo!
Get the recipe here: http://247lowcarbdiner.blogspot.com/2013/08/monte-cristo-waffles.html?spref=pi
4. Plain Old Coconut Flour Pancakes. Nothing like a classic pancake and these look fluffy and delicious!
5. Ham & Egg Breakfast Cups. These look pretty self explanatory. Eggs, chives, and cheese in a ham cup. Yum! 🙂
6. Eggs in a Hole with Basil Pesto. This just looks yummy and…well…strange. I must try it.
Also pretty self explanatory, but here’s the recipe: http://www.joyfulhealthyeats.com/egg-hole-basil-pesto/
7. Cream Cheese Pancakes. They look pretty flat…a little more like crepes than pancakes. But anything with cream cheese in the title and I’m in! 🙂
8. Breakfast Casserole. Who doesn’t love a breakfast casserole–or any casserole for that matter? I know I do! They’re just so easy to make!
Here’s the recipe: http://joansdiet.blogspot.com/2011/03/recipebreakfast-casserole.html
9. Blueberry Poundcake Mini Donuts. Man, these look delicious! Also, I love this 24/7 Low Carb Diner blog! So many good resources!
10. Breakfast Stuffed Peppers. I loooooove stuffed peppers for dinner. So…why not have them for breakfast too? I’m not sure if I’d do it exactly how they did it, but I definitely want to try some variation of it. Maybe a little less spinach, add some cooked sausage and some cheese? Yum!
Here’s the recipe: http://stupideasypaleo.com/2012/09/16/breakfast-stuffed-peppers/
If you’ve tried any of these, please feel free to comment and let me know what you thought and/or what changed you made to the original recipe. I would love to hear from you!
And, keep an eye out tomorrow for a list of low carb lunches!
Till then, check out my Pinterest boards for TONS of low carb recipes: http://www.pinterest.com/tkprice42206/low-carb/